In the summer of 2021, a diverse group of Hong Kong teenagers came together to build a social enterprise business, learning first-hand about diversity and inclusion and sustainable development in the process.
The Zubin Crackers were born.
To allow for more children to participate in the design of the Zubin Crackers, in 2022, we conducted an Inclusive Design Contest for children between the ages of 5 and 13. We received over 35 submissions across schools. Two winning designs have been adapted to create the Zubin Crackers 2022.
Meet the Design Winners of 2022!
Making A Difference - Sustainability & Social Change
Goal 8: To promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all.
We believe in decent wages for all workers.
Goal 10: To reduce inequality within and among countries.
We believe equality is critical for social inclusivity and economic growth.
Goal 12: To ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
We believe both producers and consumers have a role and responsibility in their production and consumption.The Zubin Crackers are made with recyclable paper for the cracker while the box is made from recycled paper. As far as possible, we have worked to reduce the use of plastic and used alternates made of metal, cloth and wood*.
Goal 17: To strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
We believe all sectors can work together in promotion of sustainability.
*Due diligence was not conducted to assess sustainability performance in the supply chain
What Makes the Zubin Crackers Unique?
- Created by Hong Kong’s diverse youth who participated in the Inclusive Design Contest run across schools for 5-13 year olds
- Made with recyclable paper in a social enterprise supporting the employment of ethnic minorities
- As far as possible, we have worked to reduce the use of plastic and used alternates made of metal, cloth and wood.
- Sold by partners across Hong Kong who support racial diversity and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- All proceeds go to support the work of The Zubin Foundation, a Hong Kong Charity (IR 91/12344) improving the lives of marginalised ethnic communities in Hong Kong by reducing suffering and providing opportunities.
Sponsors and Supporters
- Ashleigh Roberts
- Asmita B Das Photography
- Bill Chau
- Crown Worldwide Group
- JEB Group
- PwC Hong Kong
- Samantha Wong